Monday 7 December 2009

Writing photo website blog posts

This morning and this afternoon I was updating my blog posts for my photo website. I wrote two new posts about the Harborough Hoards and History day to give an example of the non-tutorial style posts I am likely to make. I also wrote a 'welcome to my new blog' post as well.

In the evening I played on New Super Mario Bros Wii with Moccle and L for quite a bit, and then tried to test my photo website on various browsers again (but this time testing the copy on the web server rather than my local copy). Unfortunately Arora kept crashing (it didn't like the HTTP Basic auth I think), and there also seemed to be lots of problems that I had somehow missed when I checked the local copy of the site, which meant constantly changing files then having to upload them to the server and refresh the page again.

I didn't finish checking the site, so I think when I do it again tomorrow, I'll start by checking the local copy of the site again, then when that's okay, upload all the changed files (yet again), and do a quick check of the server copy.

The weather was overcast all day and it rained most of the afternoon and a bit of the evening.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of maple & pecan oat crunch cereal; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x Cheese on toasts; a few cherry plum tomatoes; Clementine; Home-made choc chip cookie; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Savoury Pancake; Baked beans with sausages; Jacket Potato; Grated mature cheddar cheese; Ground black pepper. Pudding was tinned tropical fruit with a trifle sponge and custard. Coffee; 2x pieces Sainsbury's Mint Chocolate.

No comments: