Saturday 8 January 2011

Article submitting

Today I was going to add my flower photography article to hubpages, but when I logged in I saw there was a problem in that my previous article had been marked as duplicate. After doing some research, it seems that hubpages want articles to not only be original, but also exclusive to them.

So I modified my previous article on hubpages, changing some of the words around, and swapping some of the sections to be in a different order. It took quite a long time, and I still don't know if it was actually enough for hubpages to count the article as being exclusive.

I also spent quite a long time trying to make a PDF version of the flower photography article. Unfortunately OpenOffice.org Writer seems to behave similarly to how I remember Word '97 (or it might have been 2000) behaving when I tried to use it for DTP, i.e. randomly moves things around and is generally very hard to work with.

No comments: