Friday 12 August 2011

Windows commandline unicode lack of support annoyingness

Yesterday and part of today I was struggling with some problems where I had a typo in the hierarchical category metadata applied to a batch of photos, so I needed to correct the typo. Unfortunately Adobe Bridge re-orders all the keywords if you add / remove a hierarchical category. I didn't want my keywords re-ordered, so I tried using exiftool, but had some problems first with me missing a -, then with windows unicode / utf-8 support (and yes, I did change the code page).

If I was using Linux it would be much easier, but sadly Photoshop doesn't work on Linux. Maybe I should look at GIMP, though I'm 99% certain it won't do everything I need.

After fixing the problem with the metadata this morning I uploaded some photos to my website, and also processed a few more photos. In the evening I also watched the Moomins (stop motion animation, not the cartoon)

I made a Chairman Mao head from sculpey, which worked quite well. So I then made yet another Lenin head (I already made 2 the other day), and it turned out quite a bit better than the others I had made the other day.

No comments: