Sunday 7 July 2019

Eating fruit with the skin

You can eat Kiwis with the skin, it doesn't feel furry when you eat it.

You can also eat Orange with the skin, but the taste of the skin is quite bitter. If you only eat a small proportion of the skin it is much more palatable, like eating marmalade. Easy peelers aren't too bad with the skin, though I would say they're nicer without the skin than with. Probably the skin is covered with harmful chemicals they spray on them while they're growing as well.

Grapefruit skin is like orange skin, only more pithy.

Banana skin is too tough.

Pineapple core can be a bit woody. The skin is 'okay' but I wouldn't purposefully eat it. If you do want to eat the skin I would suggest eating the flesh and skin together to reduce the taste of the skin. I suspect if a pineapple isn't very ripe then the core will be very woody and the skin probably taste worse than a nicely ripe one (the one I tried was ripe).

No comments: