Monday 6 August 2007

Brighton not London

Was going to go to London today, but the sky is all overcast. I checked weather.co.uk and the BBC website, and they both say cloudy with sunny spells in London. I checked some London webcams though and it looks the same as it is here.

Ate breakfast, went on the pinternet for a bit, then watched the Simpsons Movie with Jine.

Did packing & intermittent going on the pinternet for the rest of the day.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry crisp; cup o' tea.
Morning snack: Hob nob cream biscuit; nice biscuit; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Peppered ham sandwich; cheddar cheese sandwich; mint club; banana; satsuma; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Flavoured rice; chicken; chicken nuggets. Lilt to drink. Pudding was apple crumble with ice cream. Coffee.
Supper: Cold chocolate milk.

Sunday
Went to Brighton on Sunday to take some photos before we move. A gay bloke got really annoyed at me because he thought I was taking a photo of him (I was actually taking a photo of a church), then later a girl asked if I could take a photo of her & her friend on the beach and email it to her. The beach (and Brighton in general) was totally busy, which I thought was a bit wierd since it was a Sunday.

I wanted to try and take a photo of the West Pier at sunset from the Palace Pier, but the security guard said you weren't allowed to take tripods onto the Palace Pier. I asked him why and he said it was private property so they can say what they want. Luck-slush I had already been on the Palace Pier earlier with my tripod and taken some panos without anyone saying anything.

So for the sunset, I had to walk further along the beach towards the West Pier. I did get some sunset photos, but unfortunately the Sun set behind some buildings, rather than over the sea like I wanted it to. Pobasquish I would have needed to take the photos earlier in the year to get that.

After that I went back to the train station, but the trains to Bedford don't seem to stop at Hassocks, so I had to wait another hour until the next train to Victoria (I must have just missed the 9pm one). So I went to Budgens and bought some Lilt, then went to the train station car park and drank some of the Lilt. Then about 9.45pm I went to get on the train, but it was already full so I had to stand near the doors. By the time it left at 10pm loads more people had got on and it was totally packed. I got off at Hassocks then had to walk home.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry Jam toast; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Battered fish portion with vinegar & black pepper; potatoes; peas. For pudding I had a gooseberry yoghurt. Coffee.

No comments: