Thursday 30 August 2007

Internet final-chee

Finally got the internet yesterday. It was meant to be ready when we moved in, but when the person organising it called up Tiscali to check the progress a couple of days before we moved in, Tiscali didn't have any record of it so they had to start again. After that there were a lot more delays, which Tiscali said were due to BT not releasing the line.

So while we didn't have the internet I just sorted photos, went on walks and took more photos, started learning Japanese, played on Shenmue, unpacked and helped Jon & Ben unpack, and beed bored. Since we got the internet yesterday I have mainly been doing work stuff. Before yesterday I had to use dial-up to connect in. Luckily I wasn't given any urgent big jobs while we only had dial-up.

When I checked the internet yesterday I also found out that Nikon has announced the long awaited D3, D300 and big telephotos with VR. Also Canon announced the long awaited 1Ds MkIII and the D40. I guess it's kind of good that I missed the announcements since I probably would have wasted more time on the internet reading about them than I did yesterday.

I still have about 1,000,000 hotmail messages to check and also haven't checked Deviantart yet. I did get up to date on Andy Rouse's Blog, Moose Peterson's blog, DPReview News, and Luminous Landscape though.

No comments: