Wednesday 26 December 2007

Popa Chimbo

Lately I have been mostly working, I even worked most of Christmas today.

For Christmas I got:
pants & a dressing gown from Moohar
Money & an ear/nose hair trimmer from rad
Wierd Al - Straight Outta Lynwood & some happy hippos from Shaz
A box of chocolate biscuits from Ben
Money from grandad
Freezepop - futurefuturefutureperfect from Yumpt

For my Birthday I got:
Money from Moohar
some electronics bits to make a sound flash trigger from rad
2 x The Go! Team albums from yumpt
Pog soccer game that I already had from Shaz
Skips Milkcaps & Happy Hippos from Ben
Money from grandad

My Russian hats arrived, so Ben wore one and I wore the rabbit fur one with my East German coat to church on Sunday, and people said my hat was dead good.

Also, I bought a zigview S2, which arrived next day, unfortunately I bought the C version, which I think is meant for fullframe cameras when I should've bought the B version for 1.5x crop cameras. You can zoom in on the C version so that the screen is filled with the image, but the quality isn't very good, which makes focusing hard. I don't think the quality of image on the B version is that great either, but should be better than the zoomed image on the C version. I think I will try and get a B version when one comes up on ebay at a reasonable price, and hopefully I should then be able to sell the C version for around the same I paid for it.

One of the interesting features of the zigview S2 is that it should be able to trigger the camera shutter when something changes on the screen e.g. if an insect flies in front of the camera. I need to buy a Nikon 10 pin shutter trigger lead for it, but if it works well hopefully should be able to get some photos of insects in flight, which would be nice.

On my birthday me & ben did a plasticine animation which was quite skill & fun. On Christmas day I had to get up early and went to the early Christmas service rad was doing at 8.30am at Kibworth. Yumpt, Ben & Sarah (who came home on Chimbo eve) were too lazy to get up so they went to a later service at a church in town.

Today (Boxing day) I went on a walk with rad & Moohar near great Bowden, and near the village there was loads of people having a boxing day walk with their dogs, but when we got away from the village and into the fields we were the only ones. A horse tried to eat us which was annoying.

When we got back home I went on the pinternet and then we ate lunch. After lunch I did some work, then played magnetic darts (that Ben got for chimbo) then watched Shrek 3, had dinner, then finished watching Shrek 3.

Food
Breakfast: Blueberry wheats; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheese on toast & cheese on seedy bagel; clementine; grapes; swiss roll; caramel rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Turkey, mayonnaise, iceberg lettuce & tomato sandwich; flavoured rice. Pudding was Christmas pud with custard & cream. Cup o' tea. Chocolate biscuit.

No comments: