Tuesday 22 April 2008

Photographing dead leaf and php

Had a bit of a lie-in today and got about 9am. After having shower etc. ate my breakfast. Moohar asked me take some boxes from the garage to the loft, so I did that for about half an hour.

Went on my comp and went on MSN, looked at some skilk adverts and read some stuff. Had a bit of a headache so after that had an ibuprofen, went in the garden and took some photos of mating ladybirds. Then went on my comp again and checked my spleen-mail. Did a bit more work on a spreadsheet of click thrus and went on deviant art while I was waiting for the spreadsheet to load/sort stuff. After that ate lunch.

After lunch I worked more on the registration script for the new milkcap mania. At 3.10pm I went off to get Ben from school. When we got home I started taking photos of a dead leaf, then Moohar asked me to dig out some compost from the bottom of the compost bin, so I did that for a while. After digging that out Ben got in the compost bin and jumped up and down to make the compost go down to the bottom, and it smelt like granny. Then I went inside and took some more dead leaf pics.

After dinner me, Mac P and Ben played Mario kart wii for a bit and then I copied and sorted my dead leaf/mating ladybird pics onto my comp. After doing quite a bit of editing on the dead leaf photos and taking a few more, I noticed that a 100% crop I made of one of the images was slightly noisy - although not very, only quite subtle and remembered that I had set the ISO to 640 a couple of days ago to take some photos of birds in the garden. Doh! At least most of the pics look good even at that ISO. It explains why I needed to have the flashes on such low power, most of the time the SB800s were set at 1/128 power, even though I was at f/16.

Food
Breakfast: Maple & Pecan crisp cereal; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Carberry Irish Mature Cheddar Cheese with salad sandwich; grapes; cup o' tea.
Dinner: ½ Chicago Town spicy meatfeast pizza pie; slice ham & pineapple pizza; chips; salad. Pudding was Müller corner - I had a strawberry crisp one which was quite rubbish. Was just like natural yoghurt with the end of a packet of strawberry crisp. Posh double chocolate cookie. Coffee.

No comments: