Tuesday 14 December 2010

Various

This morning I fixed the problem with my init script for php-fpm, then tried adding a couple of my websites to DMOZ. I also added my websites to Yahoo site explorer, and added my new website to Bing Webmaster tools.

I found Bing Webmaster tools to be pretty useless. According to their stats, they have only crawled about 9 pages of my several thousand page site, which has been up for about a year now. And I have even added the sitemap for that site in Bing Webmaster tools.

I guess this explains why Bing search is still rubbish compared to Google, if Bing doesn't even bother crawling sites properly.

In the afternoon I worked on a top 10 photography tips article.

In the evening I watched the final episode of DS9 with Mauser and Bo, and then some of the extras interviews.

After that I noticed that the sky was quite clear, so I went out to try and take a few night sky photos. Unfortunately it seems my lens / camera aren't up to letting in enough light to get a really star filled sky. And when trying to do a star trail, the camera's battery ran out after five or so minutes.

No comments: