Friday 20 April 2012

Article writing and cooking

This morning I tried to find out why Mailpress subscribe to comments wasn't working on my website, and narrowed it down to something to do with my wordpress installation (so not the plugin itself or the theme I was using). I spent the majority of the morning though, and some of the afternoon, working on an article for my photo tips website.

For the rest of the afternoon I made a fruit loaf.

In the evening I watched an episode of 24 with Mauser and Bo, then we did Sculpey while listening to Liz and Will. It was quite good because Will did one of his really long stories about nothing where he keeps repeating himself. Then Bo sent him an email, which got him to repeat his story again. For some reason they always ignore Mauser's texts (other HFM DJs don't), but didn't ignore text / emails from me and Billy.

Also, on ebay today I bought an Olympus 21mm lens for my "new" camera for £200. I bid on a Zeiss C/Y MM mount 35/2.8 lens as well, previously this lens had reached a price of £101, but not sold due to a higher reserve being set. This time it had a start price of £99 and no bidders with about 8 minutes left. The normal price for this lens seems to be about £150, but this one had some damage to the lens barrel. The damage only appeared to be cosmetic though, and didn't affect screwing filters on. However, the lens ended up going for about £147!

If I can complete a set of primes, I will be interested to compare the size and weight of a 24mm/2.8, 35mm/2.8 and 50mm/1.4 against the Canon 24-70mm/2.8. I don't have the Canon, but the stats are easily found online. I think that size, weight, image quality, and price might all favour the primes.

I did have quite a few things on my list I wanted to get done today. Unfortunately everything, particularly the article writing and cooking took a lot longer than I thought they would. I haven't even finished the article yet, and will have to finish it tomorrow.

No comments: