Saturday 23 February 2013

Websiting

Today I uploaded the update for my pog website. As part of the update I changed the way that URLs are displayed / created. Most pages weren't affected, but some were.

Most of the rest of the day was spent trying to find and fix links to pages where the URL had changed. The old URLs still worked, just they generated a 302 redirect. In my opinion it is better to just have the links going straight the page than through a 302, so I wanted to update all these affected links.

In the evening me, Mauser, and Billy went to Joules Yard for a meal. It was Cajun night, and we had a nice meal with strawberry cheesecake for pudding. There was a band playing called Ock 'n' Dough, who were described as being an Anglo-Latvian Cajun Ceilidh band.

So we thought they would be a sort of Eastern European folk mixed with Gaelic band. But actually the Cajun part of their description was the important bit, and they were more like American country. They were quite good though. We only stayed for an hour and a half, then went back home.

After that I listened to Jean Jacques (Perrey) for a bit, then Billy went to see KK.

No comments: