Tuesday 25 September 2007

Lester

Got up, had a shower etc. Ate breakfast with Ben and went on Wii fitness. Even though I didn't get the ball on the green 3 times in the golf thing I had to do, I still got a Wii fitness age of 21! (20 is the highest). After that I went on my comp, checked my email & work email, checked ebay and checked deviant art. Then I made granny some toast & a coffee for breakfast. Some batman pogs & my new SB-800 flash were delivered. After that I went down town.

The weather had been really nice all morning, with a nice blue sky, but the time I went out about 10am the sky got covered with grey clouds. First I went to the market (which only opens Tue, Fri & Sat), to see if they sold any good black material for a photography backdrop, which it didn't look they did. Then I walked to the train station and got a train to Leicester which thankfully wasn't cancelled and I also managed to get a seat by the window.

The train was quite nice and modern, reasonably clean, only about three carriages long again though. I got a nice seat by the window and it was nice looking out to the right (east I guess) at all the fields, although I always feel very sleepy on trains. When I got to Leicester I went the same way as I did when I went there before with Jine, then after a bit I stopped and turned my gps on, and waited for a couple of minutes while it locked onto some satellites.

When I wanted to go to Leicester before with Jine but the train was cancelled I had used Garmin Mapsource on my PC to add Waypoints for Brittannia and Jessops Camera World to the map, then uploaded them to my gps. So I used the gps to find where Brittannina was, which worked well apart from that the arrow on the gps map doesn't actually point the way that you are walking, so you have to walk and see what way the arrow moves to make sure you are walking in the right direction.

After changing my address with Britannia I went to Leicester Market and bought some black fabric for a fiver. It's quite thin, but is made of cotton so I don't think it will reflect. I might need to fold it up on itself a few times to get a decent thickness. Then I used the gps again to get to Jessops Camera World. I walked past quite a lot of shops, and there was a sports mania style shop with 25% off all stock today. I didn't go in though since I don't need anything and I might've bought some cool trainers or sumat when I already have lots of shoes. Then I walked through part of the University campus, which was wierd since there's just loads of young people everywhere. Then I carried on past some more shops until I got to Jessops camera world. I had a look round there, but there wasn't much to see. They had a Lowepro Slingshot 300aw camera bag, but it was £100! I just took a catalogue and then went back to the station.

On the way back to the station I went over the canal and someone with a skateboard was standing on the bridge watching some ducks having a fight in the canal below. Then I walked through another part of the university campus and there were quite a few people with radios on selling stuff, and the fire brigade were doing a chip pan fire demonstration, and loads of students were hanging around so I guess it must be freshers week. I carried on through the university campus which comes out back at the shops, then carried back on to the station.

Then I got the 13.05pm train back to Market Harborough, which I only had to wait about 10 mins for. I looked out a window on my right again, this time the west side I think, which wasn't as interesting as the view on the way up.

When I got back to Market Harborough I went to superdrug to buy some new razors for my gillette fusion, but looking through the door it looked like it only did women's stuff, so I walked up the street a bit to see if there was a boots. I didn't find one, but there was a chemist and after a while of looking around I managed to find the razors, it was £9 for 4!!!! I bought them anyway since I couldn't be bothered to check if they're cheaper elsewhere and then maybe find out they weren't and have to go back and get them there anyway.

Then I walked home. When I got home some more pogs had been delivered. I ate lunch. I didn't open the pogs as by the time I had finished lunch it was 2.30pm so I thought I might as well wait for Ben to get home since he likes opening and sorting pogs. So I just went on the pinternet for about an hour and a bit until he got home.

When Ben got home I had to do a bit of work work while he sorted out the new pogs, then I helped him, I got the new pog & new pog slammer that I was missing! After a bit of doing this it was dinner time, and then after dinner just did more pog sorting and scanned a few in.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry crisp & cheerios; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Seriously strong Cheddar cheese with salad sandwich; Ham with mustard and salad sandwich; grapes; 2x cups o' tea.
Dinner: Chicken pie; mixed veg; potatoes; gravy. For pudding I had 2 pancakes with lemon juice & sugar. Coffee.

No comments: