Friday 7 March 2008

Nice walk, nasty camera dust

Went on a nice walk with Rad this morning, was sunny with blue sky and fluffy clouds, and the village we parked in was very nice with old sandstone houses. After the walk we went to Aldi, then came home. I copied all my pics to my comp and geo-coded them (although the gps switched off (probably ran out of batteries) about ¼ way through the walk). I checked my work email and hadn't got anything new to do so that was nice. Converted all the NEFs to JPEGs.

After lunch I had a look at the converted JPEGs and they look like they all had a blurred bird flying across the image - it was a large dust spot. I checked my photos from yesterday's walk that I hadn't looked at, and they all had the same problem. Unbaked bread!

So I changed the lens on the camera to check the dust was on the sensor and not on the lens, and it still had the dust spot. So I tried to clean it off with a squeezy blower thing, and pretty sure I got rid of it. Then I remembered that Capture NX has a 'dust off' feature, so I tried to use that, but it only works with an image taken with certain parameters e.g. needs to be at camera's lowest iso. So I couldn't use the dust off feature since I didn't have an image with the specific settings needed and couldn't take an image with the settings needed as the sensor now was dust free (or at least the dust isn't in the same place as it was before). Double unbaked bread!!

So now I am going to have to remove it all by hand.

I went through the photos from yesterday and got them sorted and fixed okay, then started sorting the ones from today. Then we ate dinner and after that me yumpt and Ben watched satrwars in 1080p that MacP downloaded.

Food
Breakfast: Orange marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Breaded ham sandwich; ½ Chicken Tikka spread sandwich; apple; 3 grapes; slice of cherry genoa cake; caramel rocky; cup o' tea.
Afternoon snack: Plain chocolate digestive; malted milk; coffee.
Dinner: Battered fish with vinegar, black pepper and salt; peas; potatoes. Pudding was creamy yoghurt, I had passion fruit flavour; Plain chocolate digestive. Coffee.

No comments: