Thursday 22 May 2008

Walk, panos, internetting and buying more stuff

This morning I bought a Nikon 10 pin trigger for my Zigview S2. Will be interesting to see if the Zigview's motion detection actually works properly when I get it. After that I went out on a walk with Rad. When we got back I started sorting the pics I took on the walk. My Christian CDs I bought off ebay arrived, and surprisingly there wasn't a big post office/tax bill to pay. I guess either the seller remembered about this (I forgot when ordering them) and kindly put a customs price low enough so I wouldn't have to pay tax, or the actual total cost of the CDs was very low and the majority of the cost was postage. I will check when I leave feedback for them which it was.

After lunch I sorted the pics a bit more, then went out and took some 360 panos. When I got back home I bought a new shutter release cable on ebay as my current one is broke (I thought I fixed it but I didn't). Then I did more photo editing/sorting, got Ben back from school and then finished sorting the photos. After that I did some research on how to trigger the camera shutter using an ebay radio flash trigger.

After dinner I did more research on the how to trigger the camera shutter using an radio flash trigger. I ordered another ebay remote shutter release cable (one that has a 2.5mm input jack in it) from ebay, and a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adapter and a ¼" female to 3.5mm male adapter from dealextreme. This should be able to connect the ebay radio flash receiver to the camera. I should already have a mono 3.5mm cable I can cut up to connect the photogate trigger to the ebay radio trigger. Then hopefully this will be able to trigger the camera. Or maybe it will just act as a half shutter press? There's lots of info on the pinternet but I don't really understand it due to my lack of electronics knowledge.

I also did some research on triggering the camera directly from the photogate circuit, without the radio flash trigger being invloved at all. As far as I could understand, the 9v power of the photogate circuit would damage the camera, but if you trigger the camera from an FET instead of an SCR then it will be okay? Didn't really understand that and don't know what an FET is so I'll just try the wireless ebay radio flash method first (well when I get the stuff) and then maybe look into that a bit more.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x cheese on toasts; apple; large slice of cherry madeira cake; gold bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chicken pie; butternut squash; green beans; new potatoes; gravy. Pudding was hot jamaica ginger cake with golden syrup and custard. Coffee.

No comments: