Monday 12 May 2008

Wasting time

This morning I decided to do a bit more work on my website, I need to add a form that allows people to upload a folder of images (or select a load of images at once) to upload. Googling didn't come up with anything suitable, just forms with multiple single file uploads or java solutions.

So I went on Flickr, and their uploadr allows you upload multiple files in one go. So I did a save as on the upload page and then spent a couple hours looking through their upload.js script to see how they did it. Unfortunately I still couldn't find out, but googling the term 'externalinterface' which was in the js, came up with the Flickr code blog and this page, which explains that it is actually flash used to do the upload.

After doing some more googling, I came across this page, which has the actionscript needed. Unfortunately I don't know actionscript, and getting it to work looks like it might be a bit too complicated for me. So I think for the moment I will work on just getting the site running without the user interactivity. Then after I have this running and the pano site done I can learn Flash and then add the interactivity. Although, actually I may need to learn flash for making the pano website.

In the afternoon my email from work finally arrived, so I spent the rest of the afternoon and first part of the evening doing work. Unfortunately by the time I had finished, the weather had changed from nice and sunny to slightly overcast and cloudy.

In the evening I checked my emails, transferred/ordered/cancelled some domains, checked HotUKdeals and bought loads of christian CDs from an ebay seller, so I can use my £5 ebay voucher up before it expires. The rest of the evening I watched ½ of letters from Iwo Jima with Mac P.

Food
Breakfast: Blackcurrant jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheese with salad sandwich; grapes; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Spaghetti; meatballs in sauce. Pudding was Mackies normal ice cream & an American style chocolate brownie. Coffee.
Supper: Breakaway; cup o' tea.

No comments: