Friday 30 May 2008

Got stuff!!

Today my order from half cost arrived, consisting of 3 800g tins of Roses, a Danny from Hearsay Doll, a roll of green wood pattern adhesive backed vinyl, 12 soul legends cds, 5 small packs of haribo starmix with a pink stocking and a triple cd rock boxset, total cost was about £15.

Also arrived, a stud for my Manfrotto Super clamp so I can mount anything with a 3/8" or 1/4" thread to it. And a new camera remote, unfortunately it wasn't the same as the one in the picture on the ebay auction that I bid on, it doesn't have the all important 2.5mm input on the side so it cn be triggered by a wireless trigger (the whole reason I bought it). So I sent the seller a message, it's not going to be worth me posting it back to them for a refund though since it only cost about £6 and it would have to be shipped back to China.

This morning I sorted and processed some macro pics I took of ants yesterday. I uploaded 3 to photoshelter, although they're not that great so they might get rejected, also I forgot to check 2 of them for dust spots. I also started a thread on dpreview to see if I could get any advice on how to take better macro pics.

This afternoon I checked my email, and I had an email from ebuyer with a cheap 22" TFT monitor, so I had a look on their website and 24" TFTs were under £400 as well, so I did some research and found that panels with S-IPS technology are the most colour-accurate (which is important for photo editing). All the cheap TFTs on ebuyer seemed to use TN panel technology, so that saved me some money since it meant I didn't buy any. I probably could do with a new monitor since this one is about 7 years old and I have had a couple of rejections on SXC for images being too dark, even though they looked fine to me, and my monitor is calibrated using Spyder2.

In the evening I checked what replies I had got to my thread on dpreview then tried some different methods of bouncing the flash towards the subject.

Food
Breakfast: Kellogs Special K Sustain; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheddar cheese with salad sandwich; strawberries; grapes; banana; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Battered Fish; potatoes; peas; butter; salt; black pepper; vinegar. For pudding I had a slice of cherry madeira cake and a gold bar. Coffee.

No comments: