Saturday 28 June 2008

Mainly going on on the Pinternet

This morning I did a bit of tidying up, one of the things I needed to tidy up was a single lying around on my desk: The Proclaimers - 500 Miles (Comic Relief 2007) single. I searched Isohunt and PirateBay to see if I could download it, but neither had it. So I had to copy it myself, but it is a DVD single so I couldn't just copy the tracks using EAC.

So I used DVD Decrypter to rip the video and 2 audio tracks (which are ripped as video tracks). Then I found the Gordian Knot guide PDF and followed that to convert the video file to a x264 encoded OGM file. That took quite a while (most of the morning) to go through everything that needed doing and for my PC to encode it. Then I just demuxed the audio files and used RazorLAME to encode the audio tracks. After that I deleted all the extra files created during the video creation and demuxing process and renamed the files appropriately. Then add ID3v2 tags to the audio tracks using tag&rename. Finally, put the files in my Music Folder and watch/listen to them to check they were okay.

The video seemed as good quality as from the DVD, although the file size was very large (362MB). It featured lots of famous people, some who I recognized, some who I didn't and even included David Bellamy. DETTOL!!!

Yesterday morning I went out on a walk with Rad, then at tea time a policeman came round and wanted to talk to me. Apparently someone saw me taking a photo of some children and had reported me to the police! He came in and saw the photo I took (some children dancing on the village green in the village we stopped in to have a cup of coffee) and said it was okay. He was quite reasonable, although advised against taking pictures of children in future.

Also yesterday Alliance & Pester finally transferred the money that I had transferred on 10th June. Only took them over 2 weeks and numerous phone calls to an 0844 no, often being on hold for 5 minutes or more.

After lunch I tried taking some macro stock photos of my soap, then edited and uploaded them. Also looked through my recent walk photos and uploaded some of them to the photo websites I'm a member of. I read some of the forum posts on the photo websites as well.

After dinner I watched a couple of episodes of Pixel Perfect with Ben and went on the pinternet a bit more. Then in the evening I went in the garden and took some macros.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Slice of chicken with Mediterranean style salad and Mayonnaise sandwich; a few of Ben & Rad's crisps; grapes; clementine; slice of raisin madeira cake; Gold bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Sausages; Roast potato; Yorkshire puddings; Broccoli; Baked Beans; Sweet potato. Pudding was Strawberries with Strawberry whip. Coffee. A few Roses.

No comments: