Tuesday 3 June 2008

Not a lot

This morning I went on pinternet and did a bit of work.

After lunch I watched that last episode of 'the kill point'. I went on the pinternet a bit more and asked a question about css on a forum. After that I decided to get on with opening my self trade account since I recieved the login info today. I also received a tax certificate from Halifax, so I logged into my halifax account to see how much money I had there, and noticed the interest rate I was getting on my ISA was 3%!!!!!!

After dinner I looked into a precious metals ETF and gold ETF, I decided to buy some GBS (LYXOR GOLD BUL) but then found out that I couldn't buy it through the shares ISA I had setup and transferred £1000 into. And I couldn't transfer the money into my dealing account because then that £1000 would come out of my ISA and so use up £1000 of my ISA allowance. Actually I doubt it would matter since I'm not really going to use up all my ISA allowance, but I thought it best to leave the money in there and can use it for buying shares if I find any worth buying.

So I added £500 to my dealing account and tried to buy some GBS, but the market bid spread and methods of setting your buy point were a bit too much for me to understand, so I didn't go through with the trade. I'll hopefully have some more time to do some research on them tomorrow.

Food
Breakfast: Blackcurrant jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheese with salad sandwich; satsuma; slice of raisin madeira cake; cup o' tea.
Afternoon snack: Malted milk; dark chocolate digestive; coffee.
Dinner: Homemade mexican chicken /chicken tikka pizza; chips; salad. Pudding was swiss roll with blackcurrant juice and custard and a strawberry. Coffee.
Supper: Malted milk; dark chocolate digestive; hot chocolate milk.

No comments: