Thursday 12 June 2008

What event is triggered when you expand a select element?

Spent most of today trying to find out how to use javascript to make a select element expand. It doesn't seem to be a click, mousedown, mouseup, focus, activate, controlselect, select, change, or selectstart event that causes it to expand when you click on it, so I guess its probably something built into the browser that can't be accessed via script.

I also received my Adidit M1 remote shutter release from ebay and the 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adapter from DealExtreme today so I plugged all the bits together with my ebay radio flash trigger and it did indeed trigger the camera when the camera was set in M mode. In autofocus mode it didn't seem to do anything. Also, it kept the camera awake (didn't go into sleep mode, the shooting info was always visible on the top LCD of the camera). Hopefully I can use this with the HiViz photogate trigger kit to get some automatic bug photos (hopefully bugs in flight!).

I also listened to Woody Guthrie all day again.

In the evening I played on Sims2, watched the last episode of Springwatch, listed my Zigview S2C and Creative CB2530 Wireless headphones on spleenbay and bought a 3 dvd set documentary about the American Civil War and an El Nombre dvd.

Food
Breakfast: Honey toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheddar cheese with sweet onion relish and iceberg lettuce sandwich; grapes; slice of marble cake; orange montana; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Shepherds pie; mixed veg; Tom Ketch. Pudding was coconut tart with loads of raisins/sultanas in it that Moohar bought from the market. Coffee. Caburys Rose chocolate.
Supper: Coffee; shortcake; dark chocolate digestive

No comments: