Thursday 5 June 2008

Testing

After breakfast I cleaned the bird seed tray which I put in to soak and meant to clean yesterday, the birds always seem to use it as a toilet and if put seeds in it only the fat wood pidgeons eat from it.

This morning I did just a tiny bit more macro testing, then I posted to the thread I started on dpreview about a week ago (which only had 2 replies) to see if anyone could tell me why DOF using a lens with a diopter lens is so much shallower than using a reversed lens or extension tubes.

Then I tried to take some photos of the bluetits going into/coming out of their nestbox. I found:
  1. They're too quick to take a photo of manually.
  2. The nestbox is in the shade, so I needed f/5.6, 1/125s and ISO800 to get a reasonably exposed pic, so the image quality wasn't that great.
  3. The bluetits didn't like me standing there. I was about 3-4metres away.
  4. Getting the focus correct was hard.
  5. My zigview S2C wouldn't automatically take pics of them using it's movement detection mode.
  6. With the distance I was standing from the nestbox, a 300mm lens is a bit short.
Due to these reasons I gave up. I think maybe I will sell my Zigview. When I get my bits for using my ebay flash trigger to trigger my camera I think I will try and set my camera up looking at the seed feeder, then I can trigger it from the kitchen when a bird goes on the feeder.

After that I tided up some of my camera stuff and took all the sheets etc. off my bed to go in the wash. I went on the pinternet for a bit and then had to do some work. After lunch I did a bit more work, then checked my spleenmail. Did a bit more work, went on the pinternet, then got Ben back from school.

Went on the pinternet a bit more then sorted some pictures. Went on the pinternet again and then edited my Safari style form buttons illustrator file to make a textbox innerglow (previously I didn't realise the focus glow was inside the form element and made an outerglow).

After dinner I made a webpage with a form to try and style it using the safari style images. Watched springwatch, then carried on with my safari style form webpage until 11pm when I went to bed.

Food
Breakfast: Lime marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheddar cheese sandwich; satsuma; slice of raisin madeira cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Tandoori chicken slices; spaghetti; mixed veg; chicken tonight sauce. Pudding was a slice of rich fruit cake. Coffee, some cadburys Roses.
Supper: Coffee; malted milk; dark chocolate digestive.

No comments: