Wednesday 11 June 2008

Share trading

This morning I started to defrag my 1TB Hard drive, after breakfast it was still going, I didn't want to use my comp while it was defragging so I went on Wii fit for a bit. After that my comp was still defragging, I didn't really have anything to do while waiting for it and needed to check my work email, so I stopped it defragging and will need to remember to start it again tonight before I go to bed.

Then I checked my spleen mail and went on the pinternet for a bit. I sorted some pics I took recently (mostly rubbish although a few okay of a fly I did yesterday). I found the fly pics were a bit underexposed, although they had looked good on the camera screen when I took them. I went in the garden for a few minutes and then it was lunch time.

After lunch I went in the garden again and tried to photograph some more bugs. There was a fly, but it kept moving when I put the camera near it and anything else I saw tended to fly away whenever I got near them.

After being in the garden for a bit I came in and checked my spleenmail again. Then I checked my bank account, and saw the money from my HiSave account hadn't arrived yet. I went on selftrade to buy some stuff with the money I did have. In a spreadsheet I put the market price per share of what I wanted to buy, then divided this by 1.95 to get the price in GBP, then divided 1000 by the GBP price to get the amount of shares I should be able to buy for £1000. Then in selftrade I either entered the amount of shares I should be able to get for £1000 or entered £1000 as the amount to buy, clicked best offer and made sure the cost/amount of shares matched up to what I was expecting. Of course you need to remember to take into account the £12 trade fee so you will be paying slightly more.

I wanted to buy AIGC (All commodities) but the price being offered on best offer was quite a bit more than the market value. So I decided to try and set an at limit buy on it, but it was a bit confusing. After reading the help I found:
  • Bid Price - this is the highest anyone is willing to buy at
  • Offer Price - this is the lowest anyone is willing to sell at
  • The limit price you set is in pence, so if you want to buy a share at £12 you need to enter 1200.
I think that I probably set my limit too low and also I set the limit to expire in 1 day, so it will expire tomorrow and I will probably change it then.

After that I went on the pinternet for a bit, finished sorting my photos and then backed up my pictures.

After dinner I watched Springwatch (was at 6.30pm today) and then played on Sims2 for the rest of the evening.

Food
Breakfast: Chocolate oat crunch cereal; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Seriously Farmy cheddar cheese with iceberg lettuce sandwich; banana; slice of raisin madeira cake; cup o' tea.
Afternoon snack: choc chip cookie; orange juice.
Dinner: Meatballs; pasta; mixed veg. Pudding was strawberries. Coffee. Piece of Ben's dreamy; caramel rocky; 2 roses chocolates.

No comments: