Monday 21 July 2008

Nice Walk

In the morning my order from ebuyer arrived, so I unpacked and setup everything.

In the afternoon after lunch I went on a walk to see what I could find. I went over the hill towards Lubenham, on the path up the hill there were a few butterflies, and one of them let me touch it's wing. There weren't as many as I saw when walking through meadows with Rad though. Then I down the other side of the hill I crossed the road, then went across the fields until you get to the edge of Lubenham. Didn't see much wildlife.

Then up the road, across the field and across the small footbridge to the other side of the river Welland. At the old railway line there were a few butterflies, and walking up the track towards the road I saw a big dragonfly with shiny orange wings. Also saw a yellow brimstone butterfly and quite a few other butterflies.

Then I walked up the road towards East Farndon, and the rough patch on either side of the road had quite a few butterflies and bees flying round. Carried on up the road and further up there were a couple of bare trees that had a small bird singing a song that I didn't recognise. Carried on walking and when I got to the footpath signs I went left back towards Market Harborough. There were a few butterflies down the footpath here.

Then that comes out onto a mud track, only saw like 1 butterfly down there. It smelt of strawberries, so that must be what they're growing in the big white plastic greenhouses down there. When I got to the farm I turned left and walked through the field, which I think must be Rye or Oats. As I was walking through it sometimes birds would fly out of the crops from near where I was walking.

When I got to the otherside I went down the jitty, the bridge over the Welland was all closed off while they put some pipes in it or sumat (that's what it looked like anyway). So I had to go to the roundabout, then left, down the road, cross the main road at Spar and then home from there.

I spent most of the rest of the day trying to get my new Samsung 1TB drive to work, after being formatted it wouldn't work and would crash windows or windows wouldn't start if it was plugged in when booting up the PC. It was also very noisy and made a broken sounding clicking noise when it powered up. So I raised an RMA with ebuyer for it, which said that I had to phone them to get the RMA authorised, but since it was in the evening I would have to leave it to tomorrow to call them.

Also, I found a Sigma 500mm/4.5 lens on ebay for only £560, so I researched that lens a bit to see if I should try and buy it. It seems it is very good, but not as good as a canon prime and doesn't AF with TCs.

No comments: