Sunday 20 July 2008

Week in review

Monday
My fishtank arrived, along with a pallet, some extra wood, loads or large egg boxes (just what I need for a moth trap), some insects (mostly dead, but an alive cricket), loads of clingfilm and also some bottles of fish food/water stuff. In the afternoon I took photos of the cricket in the garden. There was also another cricket that must have come out of the egg boxes in Jinny's room. Me and Ben made another version of Maccy.

Tuesday
Can't remember really but I think I found that my 500GB backup HD for backing up my photos was nearly full. Probably processed the cricket pics from yesterday. Maybe did some work on my website.

Wednesday
Erm umm... Probably just went on the pinternet, processed some pics that I took near sunset on the hill nearby this week.

Thursday
Again, can't remember really but I think I researched the safest way to backup and UPS's and bought a UPS and Surge protected extension socket (which has insurance if it doesn't work) from ebuyer. Also bought another Samsung 1TB drive from ebuyer, which I will put in the current e-SATA 500GB drive's enclosure. Also ordered some more RAM from MemoryC.

Friday
Submitted some beetle pics to photoshelter. Received an email back from Canon saying the 18-55 IS lens probably needs calibrating and to send it to them. I thought I would get an RMA number or something but it turns out I could have just sent it into them without waiting a week for them to reply to the support ticket.

Saturday
The extra 4GB of RAM arrived (same as what I already had I think), tried to install it but had lots of problems. Eventually got it working and also overclocked the CPU slightly and went on the internet lots reading about overclocking etc. I haven't overclocked the CPU properly as most settings I have left at auto, will probably look into this properly when I get a bit more time. In the evening I went up the hill nearby to try and get a good sunset pic, they came out okay but I was a bit later than I would have liked (the sun was behind clouds earlier) so there wasn't as much light and also it was very windy and cold which blurred the wheat a bit.

Sunday
Went to Church, watched Serenity again as me & Mac have now finished watching firefly. You never find out what the Shepherd's past is. Also watched a WC Fields film with Mac. In the morning I went on a walk up the hill nearby on the way to Lubenham to see if there were loads of butterflies there like there have been in fields of long grass on walks with Rad. There were a few butterflies, but not loads. At the top of the hill there was an iridesent blue mayfly, a chalky blue mayfly and a white mayfly. Quite wierd since I thought they lived near lakes/rivers and I've only ever seen the iridescent blue ones before. Possibly they weren't mayflies and were damselflies, but I don't know the difference.
I also processed the sunset pics from yesterday and was quite happy with the 360° pano I did.

Sunset 20-07-08
Originally uploaded by djeyewater


Food (today)
Breakfast: Crunchy nut cornflakes; cup o' tea.
After church snack: Malted milk biscuit; Plain Chocolate Digestive; Coffee.
Dinner: Chilli con carne; rice; tortilla chips with cheese. Pudding was Müller Corner, I had Strawberry Cheesecake flavour with white chocolate coated biscuit bits. Cup o' tea.
Tea: 2 slices tiger loaf bread; banana; grapes; cup o' tea.
Supper: Malted milk biscuit; Plain Chocolate Digestive; Cup o' tea.

No comments: