Saturday 6 June 2009

Blah de blah

Today I was trying to install MySQL 5.4 in the home directory on my webhost. Eventually I did get it (and phpMyAdmin) working, but phpMyAdmin had an error about the mysqli php extension being compiled against MySQL 5.04 (or something similar), and so may cause problems when using it with MySQL 5.4.

Unfortunately it seems you can't download or compile the php mysql, mysqli or pdo_mysql extensions by themselves. You must compile them with PHP against the version of MySQL you want to use them with.

I tried compiling php with the mysql extensions against MySQL 5.4 on my local system, but I had the same problem that I had had before when trying to compile PHP - it doesn't seem to work.

Also today, me and Moccle booked a trip to Korea and Japan in the Autumn. It was about £520 each for the flights, 1 week in Korea and 2 weeks in Japan. We'll just have to find hotels when we get there. Only certainty of the trip is that we must visit the Shenmue locations! We also looked at going to China instead, but flights there were over £1000.

The weather was mostly overcast with a few sunny spells. In the evening it rained a bit.

Food
Breakfast: 2x slices malt loaf with I cannae be-cheese it's nae butter; cup o' tea.
Lunch: ½ edam cheese sandwich made with fresh bread-maker-made bread; slice of fresh bread-maker-made bread with blackcurrant jam; Trophy; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Beef burger with tomato ketchup, sliced tomato and iceberg lettuce in a bun; breaded parmesan cheese with paprika & tomato sauce; spicy couscous. About ⅓ easter egg; Coffee.

No comments: