Friday 23 October 2009

First day back home

For breakfast this morning I had to choose whether to have cereal or toast. We had some nice Strawberry Crisp cereal, and not having had any cereal for a few weeks, I did find it quite tempting. However, since I was quite cold, I didn't really want to be eating cereal with cold milk, so I just had some nice warm marmalade toast instead.

After that I went on my comp and checked dpreview, and saw that amongst other things, the EOS 1D Mark IV has been announced. I checked the price on Warehouse express - £4499.00, versus £4199.00 for the similarly newly announced Nikon D3s. Both seem very expensive to me.

I checked my email, and had about 900 messages. While I was copying the photos from the hard drives I took on holiday to my PC I read/replied to a few emails and deleted lots of junk ones. When I'd finished copying the hard drives to my PC I did a compare on the two folders to check they were both identical. There was a couple of small differences so I fixed that and then deleted one of the folders.

In hindsight I actually only needed to copy one of the folders to my PC, then I could have compared that with the folder on the other drive without copying it over (I can only have one of the drives in my PC at a time so couldn't compare the folders on the two drives without copying at least one of them). If I had done this, it would have saved the 50 minutes it took to copy the second folder to my PC (the folder size is 167GB).

I did started cutting out some Animaniacs pogs in photoshop, had lunch, then carried on cutting out the Animaniacs pogs in photoshop for a bit. Mike and Nicky and Grandad came here, as Grandad is coming to stay with us for a while. We sat in the living room and talked for a bit, mainly just me and Moccle talked about our trip to Korea and Japan.

I don't know how long we did that for, but given that the time is now 4pm, I guess maybe 1½ - 2 hours. Mike and Nicky had to go back home probably about 3.45pm so they could avoid the worst of the traffic, then I carried on cutting out the Animaniacs pogs in photoshop.

After finishing getting the Animaniacs Pogs ready for upload to the website, I started working on cutting out some Batman pogs. Just before dinner I started to upload the Animaniacs and Batman pogs to my pog website.

After dinner the upload was still going, so I worked through a few more of my emails. Eventually the upload finished, so I added the pages to the website and updated the home page.

By the time I'd done that it was nearly 9pm, so I made myself some toast for supper, then watched Autumnwatch, which it seems this year is only on Fridays, but over a longer period of time (previously it would be on weekdays except Fridays for about 3 weeks).

I did a backup then went to bed.

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine Marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Grated cheddar cheese sandwich; a few rib 'n' saucy flavour nik-naks; slice of homemade fruitcake; Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Battered fish portion; peas; potato; ground black pepper; salt. For pudding we had Spotted dick with custard. Coffee.

No comments: