Saturday 31 October 2009

Waiting for Ubuntu to upgrade itself

This morning I was finishing off processing some photos that I took on a walk the other day. I also spent quite a while making waffles (well most of the time was spent making the waffle mixture rather than the actual waffles).

In the afternoon I processed a few random photos and did a tiny bit of website work. Ubuntu had an upgrade available, so I started the upgrade process, which was really slow and not helped by my internet connection breaking partway through the process. While Ubuntu was upgrading I checked The Luminous Landscape, Dpreview front page news and Canon Lens forum, and Moose Peterson's blog. Also I posted some photos to Flickr, RedBubble and DeviantArt.

Then I remembered that I use the same username on these sites as I use for everything else, and thought that when I launch my photo website it would be a good idea to have a more 'professional' username. Unfortunately it seems that you can't change your username (not that suprising), so I guess I'll have to create new accounts at each of them. This will mean that my current history on each of the sites and any followers I have on them (only about 2 people) will be lost.

In the evening I cut out some more pogs in photoshop while still waiting for Ubuntu to finish upgrading itself. I also watched Autumn Watch as well.

The weather today started off rainy, but then brightend up through the morning, and was sunny most of the afternoon. There was a visible sunset (I can actually see the sunset from my bedroom now due to the position the sun sets in during the winter months), but I didn't think it was that great to look at.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Asda choco hoops; cup o' tea.
2nd Breakfast: Waffle with golden syrup and lemon juice; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature cheddar cheese with iceberg lettuce sandwich made with fresh bread-maker-made bread; Crust of fresh bread-maker-made bread with honey; Clementine; cup o' tea.
Dinner: 2x chilli sausages; mashed potato; baked beans. Pudding was a piece of dried mango, a couple of dried prunes; Cherry bakewell. Coffee.
Supper: Hot chocolate milk; choc chip cookie; Hob-nob.

No comments: