Wednesday 28 October 2009

Websiting

This morning I looked after Grandad, and also did a bit more OO PHP learning. Grandad had a good appetite at breakfast time - he had a big bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, 3 slices of toast with marmalade and about 3 cups of tea. Granny used to struggle just to eat one slice of toast!

In the latter part of the morning, the weather had been quite nice, so I went out in the afternoon, but as my luck goes, by the time I got to the first place I wanted to take some photos (Welland Park), it had clouded over. I did wait for a while to see the sun would find a break in the clouds, but it didn't. The cloud covering the sun was a giant long one, and was blowing in the direction so that it would keep covering the sun all afternoon (which is what it did).

I walked through Welland Park up to the road that Welland Park College is on, then back along there and up the passageway near the bridge over the Welland. Then I walked up to the half way point (the road/track) of the giant field, then went along the track to the edge of the field. I walked up the rest of the field along the edge of it to see if there was much Autumnal trees, then back across the middle of the field until I got to the track again.

Then I walked down the track towards Lubenham. The Strawberry growing place down there seemed to have quite a few strawberries growing (actual strawberries, not just the plants). Where the path comes out at the road between Lubenham and East Farndon, I went down the road towards Lubenham. I walked towards Thorpe Lubenham Hall, and saw that the trees in the field next to it were still green, when most other trees have already lost most of their leaves (or just have brown leaves).

I walked down the road to the church, and tried taking some photo of yew berries that were covering a seat in the graveyard there. Then I walked along that top road until I got to the footpath that goes along the old railway line back towards Market Harborough. I found that they'd installed some Kissing gates (replacing stiles) in the field that you have to cross to get to the old railway line.

Also the bridge that you have to cross before you get to the old railway line had had a couple of planks added where the hole bit is on the railway line end of the bridge. This makes it less likely that you'd slip into the river (which is a bit of a fall).

I then walked back along the old Railway line until I got home. There were a few odd trees that still had some nice Autumnal leaves, but it seems that most trees must have been at their peak while we were away, so we did miss Autumn.

When I got home I added all the blog posts I'd written in notepad since we went off to Korea on the 1st of October to this blog. I spell checked each one (using FF's spell checker), and also had to fix up some issues with random line breaks, so although the posts were already written, it still took quite a while.

After that I wrote this blog post and checked my email, then it was dinner time.

After dinner I watched a bit of 'The Maltese Falcon' (Humphrey Bogart film) with Moccle and L, but then L had to do his homework so we stopped watching it. The rest of the evening I did more work on my photo website.

The weather started off overcast, then was sunny for a few hours in the morning. In the afternoon it clouded over again. There was a sunset, but the sun didn't really seem to light up the clouds from below (not sure why), so it wasn't that great.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes; ½ Strawberry jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Some Italian style ham with iceberg lettuce sandwich; banana; clementine; Slice of butter Madeira cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Burger with mature cheddar cheese, iceberg lettuce, tomato ketchup, and red pepper & sweetcorn relish in a toasted bun; Bowl of minestrone instant soup. Pudding was a couple of apple pies heated in the oven with cream. Coffee; Happy Hippo.

No comments: