Thursday 29 October 2009

Websiting and walking

This morning I was doing more work on my website, trying to convert some of the code to make it Object Orientated.

In the afternoon I went on a walk towards Lubenham, then up to the canal and back home along the canal. I took my 'Essential PX pack' bag instead of the Lowepro Slingshot 300aw bag, as I had found yesterday (and on holiday) the Lowepro Slingshot 300aw bag got quite painful when heavy, since it only has one shoulder strap.

The Essential PX pack bag is quite a bit smaller than the Lowepro Slingshot 300aw bag, but I managed to still fit all my Nikon D200 camera and all my Nikon lenses and some accessories in it.

The annoying thing about the Essential PX pack bag compared to the Lowepro Slingshot 300aw bag is that with the Essential PX pack bag if you want to put something in it or take something out of it you have to take it off your back. This means that if you carrying anything on your shoulders (I was carrying a camera and also a tripod), you have to first take them off your shoulders before you can take the bag off - this is especially a problem if you need to do it somewhere muddy (you would have to put your tripod and camera down in the mud). Whereas with the Lowepro Slingshot 300aw bag, you can just swing it round to your front, even when carrying things on straps over your shoulders.

Because of this, it's also much easier to change lenses etc. with the Lowepro Slingshot 300aw bag than the Essential PX pack bag.

In the evening I finished watching 'The Maltese Falcon' with Moccle and L, and then did more website stuff in the evening.

The weather today was overcast all day. Around sunset the clouds started to break a little bit, but not where the sun was, so there wasn't a visible sunset.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature cheddar cheese with iceberg lettuce sandwich; Packet of prawn cocktail flavour crisps; Apple; banana; Slice of sultana cake; Caramel Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Mashed potato; buttered peas; Quiche Lorraine; ground black pepper. Pudding was Jamaica Ginger cake with golden syrup and custard. Coffee.

No comments: