Sunday 20 May 2012

Still installing latest versions of PHP and MySQL

This morning I started preparing my pog website update and went to church.

In the afternoon I updated the pog website and started building the dependencies for mysql 5.5 on the web server.

In the evening I watched an episode of 24 with Mauser and Bo, and built the dependencies for php 5.4 on the web server.

I still haven't actually installed the new versions of PHP and MySQL on the web server yet. I want to make sure I have a couple of hours free when I do that so that I can try and deal with any problems that arise. But I do have them ready to install now (just move the old installations, make install the new versions, and then copy all the needed config files, databases etc. over to the new installs).

I did have a couple of hitches on building the dependencies on the web server compared to my dev environment. The web server's tar didn't support the J option for unzipping .xz archives. Googling I found you can do unxz whatever.tar.xz, and then untar it instead.

Another problem was that the version of Berkeley DB installed on the webserver wasn't compatible with the version of openldap I was trying to install. So I had to install a new version of Berkeley DB as well, and then make sure the location of the new Berkeley DB was used when installing openldap. Again, Google came to the rescue:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/apps/berkeleydb/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/apps/berkeleydb/lib CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/apps/berkeleydb/include ./configure --prefix=$HOME/apps/ldap

No comments: