Sunday 10 October 2010

Various stuff

This morning I cut out some pogs in Photoshop then went to Church. After Church I finished updating my pog website and had dinner.

In the afternoon I watched 3 Power Rangers episodes with L, then checked various photography websites.

In the evening I did some more work on my ebay listings widget for my pog website, and tried installing the latest version of nginx with the geo-ip module so that I can serve up ebay listings according to the user's location. Unfortunately I can't tell if it worked on my local system as of course my ip address is local, and weirdly when I checked the page headers it still gave the old nginx version number. Possibly it could be that the nginx version number being sent with the headers is the front-end nginx rather than the back-end nginx, which was the one I upgraded.

I'll probably try upgrading nginx on the live web server tomorrow and see what happens. By using a shell script to do the upgrade I can keep downtime to around one or two seconds.

In the evening I also watched Project A with Mauser and L.

The weather today started off overcast, then the cloud cleared by about 11am. The rest of the day was sunny with a clear blue sky.

No comments: