Monday 21 March 2011

Being ill

I spent most of this morning still trying to convert the parish regions shapefile to KML. There were two problems I had - the Shape2Earth plugin would only convert one shape to KML, rather than all selected shapes. The second was that the KML produced by Shape2Earth was offset (you can see that the parish boundaries should line up with edges of fields, rivers etc. but they weren't).

The first problem could probably be fixed by purchasing a full license for Shape2Earth, but I don't really want to pay for it when the second problem exists. So I spent quite a while trying to modify the projection of the shapefile in the hope that this would fix it when converted to KML, but I didn't have much luck.

In the end I just converted the one parish region I thought I needed using Shape2Earth, and will put up with the region being offset from where it should be.

For the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon I finished adding metadata to my Pitsford Reservoir photos from Saturday, then uploaded them to my photo website. In the afternoon I also took some photos in the garden and posted an article to my photography tips website. I had already written the article before, but it needed some photos adding.

I went to bed for a bit as I have a bad cold at the moment.

After tea I made some sculpey I love eggs with Berry and Mauser. I was hoping that I could use scrunched up paper, then cover this with original white sculpey to form the egg shape. Then I could use the more expensive coloured sculpeys on top of the white base layer to finish off the egg's design.

But unfortunately the sculpey would just move around rather than smoothing when it was wrapped round the paper. So in the end we just made eggs without any paper filler for the centres. I had originally intended that the eggs be real life egg size, but due to the large amount of sculpey needed for making solid eggs, we made them quite small instead.

No comments: