Monday 28 March 2011

Egging

Today I processed some more Korea photos and did some more North Korean I love Eggs. In the evening I also watched another episode of ST TNG with Mauser and Bo.

I am also thinking about buying a Canon 5D MkII and some manual focus prime lenses. I am unsure how live view will work with manual aperture lenses. Since liveview shows what the final exposure will be like at the current settings, would you need to adjust exposure with the lens open (since you can't focus if the image is grossly overexposed), focus, stop the lens down, adjust exposure again and then shoot?

Since I already have an OM mount lens and my 450D has live view, I decided to buy an OM to EF mount adapter, which was £23. Then I can see how it live view will work with a manual aperture lens.

I decided to go for a more expensive adapter so it should be useful if I do get a 5D MkII and MF lenses. It lets you program both the focal length and aperture of the lens into the adapter, so it will be recorded in the EXIF. So long as I did this with all adapters for MF lenses I bought, it would mean I could go out for an afternoon, shoot with various lenses, and then when viewing the photos on the PC, easily see which lens it was I used for each photo.

No comments: