Wednesday 23 March 2011

Various

This morning I was finishing off the blog post for my photography tips website that I was working on yesterday.

In the afternoon I was trying to find out how to exclude files in wp-admin from awstats reports. After googling for the answer, I found I was already doing what was suggested (except for the sites on my hostgator account), but it wasn't working. I think the problem was that in my site config files it would exclude wp-admin, then it would import the main settings file which had
SkipFiles = ""
in it. So presumably this setting was then overwriting the previous setting.

So I commented out the SkipFiles directive from the main config file, and hopefully that will fix it. I modified my HostGator awstats config files as well to exclude wp-admin.

Also in the afternoon I did some vacuuming and took some photos in the garden. I found a bumblebee in the pond, so I helped it out on a stick. I put some honey on a leaf for it, but it didn't seem to want any and then flew off shortly after. So it seems its spell in the pond didn't affect it very badly.

In the evening I worked on making a full size egg with the newplast plasticine that arrived today. It's not as easy to work with as sculpey, but quite a lot better than L's plasticine that I tried using before. And it's about 10x cheaper than sculpey / fimo.

The large one at the front is the plasticine one, the rest are sculpey.

No comments: