Thursday 17 March 2011

Buying sculpey

This morning and part of the afternoon I was mainly looking at the different types of Sculpey available. After finding plasticine very hard to work with yesterday, I thought I should try getting some coloured Sculpey, since I know that Super Sculpey is easy to work with. The problem is that there is Sculpey III, Primo! Sculpey, Studio by Sculpey, and also Fimo. So I wasn't sure which type would be best for model making.

I couldn't really find much useful info other than a few peoples opinions, which seemed to conflict with each other. So I bought different colours of Primo! Sculpey, Studio Sculpey, and Fimo from ebay.

When L came home he said I should buy some Sculpey III as well, so I did. Then I found that you can buy 500g blocks of the plasticine that Aardman Animations use for quite cheap (very cheap compared to Sculpey). So I bought a few blocks of that as well.

So I spent quite a lot on polymer clay / plasticine today!

I also processed some more Korea photos, and in the evening watched 'Dog Day Afternoon' with Mauser.

No comments: