Saturday 23 April 2011

Enjoying nice weather

This morning I wrote up yesterday's and Thursday's blog posts. Then I went in the garden for quite a bit as it was nice and warm but not too hot.

The rest of the morning and part of the afternoon I cut out some pogs in Photoshop, then added the new entries to my pog website, ready to update it tomorrow.

In the afternoon I went out on a walk down the old railway line to try and get some photos as they said on HFM that the weather will be getting worse. But the afternoon light (3pm-4pm) light was very harsh, and the photos looked like the flowers were blown out and the backgrounds were really dark. The 450D's auto exposure also seemed to pick exposures that were far too bright. When I switched Auto ISO on, it used ISO400 for some shots, when ISO100 would have given the correct exposure.

Now I look at some of the photos on my PC though, the ones exposed more or less correctly don't look like there is such a large difference between the bright flowers and darker background than they did on the camera's LCD.

In the evening I watched an episode of Star Trek TNG about a genderless race and how if they fall in love with someone with a gender (Riker obviously), they get sent for re-conditioning. (Obviously meant to be about acceptance of gays). But it was just so awful, probably the worst thing I have ever seen, worse even than Manos The Hands of Fate and Abar The First Black Superman.

After that I went on Animal Crossing for a bit.

No comments: