Friday 1 April 2011

Various

This morning I was trying to get the latest version of FPP to work on my Ubuntu VM. Eventually I got it working (had the wrong URLs in my javascript and xml files), but the navigation buttons weren't appearing. Then I tried it on Windows, both Firefox and Chrome and it worked fine. So it seems to be some weird problem in Ubuntu Firefox that prevents the hotspots.swf from loading properly.

Today was April Fools, on Harborough FM they had a news report about a Meerkat sanctuary being built here, which did sound quite believable. However, if you'd seen the excellent image of how the sanctuary might look on their website, then it was quite obvious that it was an April Fool.

Also, Moley had an April Fools brain teaser, which was something like What happened on June 31st 1946? (The answer is that June only has 30 days, so nothing). But since his show is in the afternoon, I thought April Fools was only valid in the morning? I'm sure Moley would admit that he is a fool.

In the evening I watched an episode of Star Trek TNG with Mauser and Bo, then did some work for the North Korea I love Egg video. I tried green-screening and grey-screening an egg to put in a background in Photoshop, but neither worked very well. So I think it is going to be a case of printing off the backgrounds I want.

Mauser showed me this Muslamic Ray Guns video, which is great.

No comments: