Friday 25 February 2011

Metadataring

Today I was mostly writing descriptions and adding metadata to some of my Korea photos.

I found this website very helpful: encyber. You can search for village or district names in Korea, e.g. that page is for 조산리 (Josan-ri) in 양양읍 (Yangyang-eup). It even has quite a few photos for each of the villages I checked.

I also found this website, quite interesting: http://www.agnet.org/situationer/korea.html, which gives info on agriculture in Korea.

The Daum, Naver, and Google Maps don't always match up, but a Church that I photographed on the bus trip is totally non-existent on the Daum and Naver maps, and the Daum and Naver maps are also different to each other. The Church definitely exists, as you can see it if you use streetview in Daum. I haven't been able to get streetview to work in Naver maps.

In the afternoon the Daum maps seemed to be broken, so I gave up and started preparing some pog scans for upload.

In the evening I watched an episode of TNG with Mauser and Bo, then carried on getting pog scans ready for the website.

No comments: