Sunday 20 February 2011

Various

This morning I updated my pog website (very easy since I did the work earlier in the week).

I also moved the location of my Zinio e-books as they weren't being backed up where they were located. According to the Zinio FAQs, you can't change the download directory:
Q: Can I change the location where my publications are downloaded?

A: No. The new application uses the Adobe AIR framework, which uses a standard directory for the local store information. Although we are unable to modify the Adobe AIR framework or directory structure at this time, it is a high priority for us and currently is being evaluated as a feature enhancement.

I thought it should be possible to move the Zinio storage directory to my e-books folder, and then symlink the directory to the relevant folder in my e-books folder. I spent quite a while trying to find out how make a symlink in Windows, mainly because I thought the command was mklnk, when actually the command is mklink.

After creating the symlink, I loaded up Zinio and looked at a magazine I hadn't viewed recently, and it all seemed to work okay.

I read an article on the GH2 on Luminous Landscape as well.

After Church I played on Mario Sunshine a bit with L and Mauser.

After dinner I went on Mario Sunshine a bit with L and Mauser a bit more and wrote an article about split ND filters, exposure blending, and HDR. I downloaded the latest version of Photomatix Pro as well, as it seems it has moved on quite a bit since I last tried it. It now supports exposure blending (as well as HDR and tone mapping), automatic image alignment of handheld photos, and de-ghosting.

But for most of the afternoon and a bit of the evening I was making a sculpey Mario. I didn't get very far though.

After tea I watched an episode of Star Trek with Mauser and Bo, then played Wii Sports Golf and Wii Mario Kart with Masuer, L, and Shaz.

I processed a photo then went to bed.

No comments: