Tuesday 15 February 2011

Poggin'

This morning I got up at 6.20am, then had a shower etc. as usual. When I was finished I could see it looked like there might be a nice sunrise. So I went outside to check, and saw that the sun had actually already risen and was shining through some cloud. So it seems if I want to catch the sunrise I'll have to leave the house straight after getting up at 6.20am.

For the morning I was just preparing more pog images for my pog website.

Mauser has had a Bosch book for quite a while and I have wanted to do a photoshop of it with Johnny Yong Bosch (the 2nd Black Power Ranger). Well, a few days ago I actually got round to doing it. I couldn't find photos of him from his younger power rangers days though, so I used a relatively recent photo of him I found via Google Images.


In the afternoon today I was still getting the content update ready for my pog website. Also, I was looking at making some Desktop backgrounds out of some of my photos. Someone had requested some at 1920x1200 resolution.

The images in question were 1920x960 when resized with the proportions constrained. So I wanted to check if I needed to manually add top and bottom borders to the images, or if they would display okay at their current size. I checked on Mauser's PC and it displayed on his Desktop okay, but that's less than 1920px width.

Checking the image on his HDTV (which is connected to his PC as a second monitor), I found that the image wasn't stretching all the way to the sides of the screen. I checked the Desktop settings, and the TV was set to 1920px width, and the desktop wallpaper was set to 'Stretch'. When I changed from 'Stretch' to 'Center', the image now filled the TV to the sides correctly.

So it seems that 'Stretch' doesn't mean 'Stretch to fit while keeping aspect ratio and not cropping', which is what I thought it would do. Anyway, it showed that I don't need to add any borders to the images.

After Ben came home, and most of the evening, we made some more Melonpan and also some shortbread.

No comments: