Monday 21 February 2011

Various

This morning I processed a partial pano that I'd processed yesterday, but this time using Photomatix to merge and tonemap the bracketed shots before stitching them.

Overall, I would say that Photomatix did a pretty good job of aligning the handheld photos, though not perfect. Probably at least as good as PTGUI did anyway. The main problem was the ghosting. Photomatix does now feature de-ghosting, but you do this during the HDR file creation process.

So when processing a pano with PTGUI and using layer masks in PS to manage the exposure blending, if you create a ghost, it's just a matter of painting in the layer mask. But when using Photomatix, if you then spot a ghost while checking the pano, you'll need to regenerate the HDR, mapping out the ghosts, then tonemap the new HDR file, then re-stitch the whole pano.

Also this morning, and part of the afternoon, I submitted a few articles to ezine articles and articlesbase on ND filters / exposure fusion / HDR.

Later in the afternoon I played on Mario Sunshine with L (who is on half term holiday for a bit). Then before dinner I made a cake (and L made a cake too).

In the evening I watched an episode of Magi Rangers then did some more work on my ND filters / exposure fusion / HDR article, getting some more photos to illustrate it. I processed some more Korea photos as well.

No comments: