Friday 2 December 2011

Various stuff

This morning I helped someone with their wireless printer / internet not working properly. I spent quite a while trying to figure out why their laptop couldn't connect to the printer. Then when I tried to go on the internet to google for info, I found that actually the problem was that the laptop wasn't connected to the router. Doh! The problem actually seemed to be with the BT wireless connection software they had installed.

The BT software said that it was connected OK, but the internet and printer wouldn't work. If you went into Windows Wireless settings and selected something like 'Use Windows to configure my wirless settings', then the wireless would work OK. But upon restarting the computer, the BT software would take over again, and it would stop working. So I went into msconfig and disabled a couple of startup programs that looked like they might be the BT software. After restarting, it worked okay, and could now connect to the printer. Yay!

I spent most of the afternoon writing an article for my photo tips website.

In the evening I played on Kirby Wii with Mauser and Bo for a bit, and then photoshopped some Boglins of them:

No comments: