Friday 30 December 2011

Various

This morning I worked on a testcase for a Google Chrome bug where images aren't shown in ATOM feeds where the content is xhtml. I submitted the bug report, then played on Rayman Origins on the xbox with Mauser for a bit before lunch.

In the afternoon I received my latest credit card statement in the post. I noticed that I was charged £1 interest, and the same on my previous statement. I have a direct debit set up to pay off the full amount each month, so I wondered what this £1 interest charge was. I looked on the MBNA website, but couldn't see anything there, so phoned them.

After being on hold for a while I spoke to someone, and they explained that any cash transactions accrue interest on them from the date they are made until they are paid off, with a minimum charge of £1 per month. So as well as charging a cash advance fee on any cash transactions, there is also this monthly cash transaction charge. I just need to make sure that I don't use my credit card to pay for anything that can be considered cash.

I uploaded some photos to my photo website.

For the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening I did some sculpey as McRad wanted me to do sculpey at the holiday at home thing. I decided that the standard coloured sculpey would be too tough for most of the people, but the soft sculpey should be OK. Since we only had 1 pack green Studio sculpey and about 1/3 pack yellow Studio sculpey, I bought a 6 pack of coloured soft fimo from ebay. I also bought 2 packs of super sculpey since we've run out (and it is also soft enough for most people to use), and a pack of sculpey firm for our own use and to see what it's like.

I hope 6 packs of soft fimo will be enough as the packs are only small (56g each). I thought I could probably photocopy some pages from L's polymer clay book for ideas of things for people to do. We'll also need knifes for being able to cut the clay as well. I made a caterpillar from the book today with the Studio sculpey, and it came out okay.

No comments: