Saturday 6 October 2007

Dust bunny

Well, I was hoping to go to Rutland Water today, but the weather has been rubbish and cloudy so we didn't go.

I spent the morning finishing off processing the pictures from yesterday. All of them have a nasty 'dust bunny' on them, so after lunch I spent quite a while with first a rocket blower, and then an arctic butterfly trying to get rid of the offending dust spot from the camera's sensor. I think I've got rid of it now, but it's hard to tell. If the weather was like yesterday I'd shoot the blue sky again and if the dust was still there it'd show up clearly. It's the first time I've noticed dust bunnies in the pictures, and the first time I've cleaned the sensor since I bought the camera in January. I'm just praying that the dust is gone and I won't have to clean the sensor again for a long time since it could be quite expensive if something goes wrong while cleaning.

Also, another problem with yesterday's photos is that they don't seem to have geo-coded correctly. I messed around with this for quite a bit, but couldn't work out what the problem is. The camera was about 12s out of synch with the gps, so I added a 12s offset, but the co-ordinates were still off. It seems like both robogeo and GPicSync just geocode to the nearest trackpoint, rather than working out where the image should be geocoded between 2 trackpoints. Bit annoying, but at least it still gives the general location, ±15m or so.

After that, sorted out my icecube dropping into a glass of water pics and submitted a couple to sxc. Then went on the pinternet, mainly deviantart and backed up my pictures.

In the evening I just went on strobist and ebay.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry crisp; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheese on toast; peppered ham with sweet & crunchy salad sandwich; satsuma; slice of all butter madeira cake; breakaway; cup o' tea.
Dinner: 3x cumberland sausages; potatoes; baked beans; tinned plum tomato. Pudding was sumat I can't remember jimmy. Piece of Sainsbury's caramel filled chocolate; coffee.

No comments: