Tuesday 2 October 2007

Had a lie in until 7.30am. Had a shower etc, and ate breakfast. Checked my email and ebay then did more pog filing.

I had to take lots of pogs out I had already filed and put them in a different type of plastic pocket. This is because the ones I had already filed were using the pockets designed for 35mm slides, and so are quite large and can accommodate slammers or multiple caps in one hole. The other sheets I have (Ultra Pro platinum for pogs), that I ordered 500 of from the US are much tighter, so pogs don't fall out, but this means you can only fit 1 pog in each hole and slammers don't fit in at all. So I had to remove the sets of pogs that didn't contain more than 1 variation of each cap from the 35mm slide pockets and put them in the ultra pro pog pockets. Then I put slammers and sets with variations of each cap in the 35mm slide pockets. Doing this took all day.

Also, the Ultra Pro pog pockets are designed for US style 3 ring binders, which I didn't realise when I bought them. So I have loads of UK lever arch files and ring binders that I can't use. I went down town the other day to try and buy some 3 ring binders but they didn't have any in WHSmith, Partners or Wilkos. I checked on the pinternet and there don't seem to be many UK companies who sell them, postage would be too expensive to buy from the US. I found a ringbinder manufacturer in the UK who does reasonable prices for 2 and 4 ring binders (about £2.50 each + VAT + £10P&P). This is cheaper than any other 3 ring binder in UK I have found on the internet. I have emailed them for a quote for thirty 3 ring binders, hopefully cost will be similar to their 4 and 2 ring versions.

No pogs arrived today, but my ghillie suit did.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry Jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Elevenses: Coffee; ginger biscuit; choc chip cookie; 2x paracetamol.
Lunch: Cheddar cheese with old sweet and crunchy salad sandwich; satsuma; apple; grapes; cup o' tea.
Afternoon snack: Coffee; custard cream; ginger biscuit; choc chip cookie.
Dinner: Pepperoni Pizza; deep fried potatoes; peas. Pudding was strawberry cheesecake - only been waiting about 3 months since rad said we would have cheesecake for pudding till we actually had it! Coffee.

No comments: