Friday 26 October 2007

Jimminy villnar!

Spent the last couple of days processing panos, got a few done. Never did get that phonecall from work - they emailed me to say they could probably do it without me, so I stayed in for ages for no reason. Not that it actually matters since I probably would have stayed in processing panos anyway, and if I had gone out I may have ended up with even more photos to process.

Today, I spent this morning preparing some images for upload to Photoshelter, a stock website. It took a long time to get the images ready, I had to tag them, convert to uncompressed TIFF (Minimum file size is 10MB?!?), and convert to Adobe RGB 1998 colorspace. And of course I first to had to find images that I thought were good and showed a different range of things. I chose 3 landscapes (1 of which was a pano I had to redo because DXO had given it a watercolor style), 2 bugs and 2 flowers.

All that was probably a waste of time since its unlikely I'll get accepted - my images probably aren't good enough and also they say that you shouldn't do any sharpening or much PP - but quite a few of the images I submitted were from my FZ5 which automatically sharpens the photos and saves as JPEG, also the images have a bit of noise. Having no sharpening as well is quite strange - the D200 produces quite soft images without sharpening, and I would've thought that sharpening for the screen is the minimum sharpening an image would ever need.

In the afternoon and evening I filled up my folders with the pages full of pogs, although it seems I didn't buy enough folders doh! I'll have to buy some more but its annoying because postage is £10 even if you only order a few, so it works out cheaper to buy lots at once.

Food
Breakfast: Golden Grahams; cup o' tea.
Elevenses: ½ Plain chocolate digestive biscuit; coffee.
Lunch: Peppered ham with mustard and salad sandwich; Pilgrims choice Mature everyday cheddar cheese with salad sandwich; clementine; grannies cake; cup o' tea.

No comments: