Wednesday 29 February 2012

Various

This morning I wrote an article for my photo tips website.

In the afternoon I did a bit of work on my ebay wordpress plugin. I was working on converting the response returned by the ebay API would match that returned by ebay's RSS feed. That way you can use either the API or RSS and access the information through the same properties. For both of them I was loading the XML using SimpleXML, but I found that I got an error (

Warning: It is not yet possible to assign complex types to properties
) when I added DateTime objects as properties.

Doing some googling I came across this post: classes inheriting from SimpleXMLElement cannot have properties, and it seems that you can't do this with SimpleXML objects. So instead I decided to add the relevant properties to a stdClass object. After doing that I found that all the properties that were just copied from the SimpleXML object to the stdClass object were of type SimpleXMLElement. Doing more googling, I found that you need to typecast the values of SimpleXMLElements if you don't want them to be of type SimpleXMLElement.

For the rest of the afternoon I did some cooking.

In the evening I watched a youtube video of some teenagers that had been to the dentists and were really out of their heads on whatever drug it is they give you at the dentists. My guess is that after the success of the original video where someone filmed their kid in the car coming back from the dentists, now other parents have started to film their kids when coming back from the dentists as well. Anyway, it was quite a funny video.

After that we watched Tai Chi Master. Mauser had bought it a week or so ago on DVD (called Twin Warriors) but the DVD was an English dub, which was unbearable to watch after about 1 minute. Thankfully, he managed to find a Cantonese version he had downloaded previously, which we watched today.

The film was very good, and the main theme sounds like the Wong Fei Hung (Once upon a time in China) main theme.

Then I finished making Cheese Straws, and wrote this blog post.

No comments: