Friday 17 February 2012

Working on an article

I spent most of today working an article for my photo tips website.

Before lunch I also cleaned the bird feeders. After lunch I topped up the pond.

In the evening I watched Once Upon A Time in China 2 with Mauser and Bo. It was quite good, and surprisingly Communist propaganda-fied. I had thought that the communists would have been anti the revolution, since it put in place the government they fought against. But after reading wikipedia, it seems that actually the revolution was done with good intentions, and the main leader seems quite communist. But the revolutionaries agreed to allow an ex-Qing general to be president if he forced the emperor to abdicate, and things went downhill from there.

The film was both pro-revolution and anti religion, which were the things that made it seem like communist propaganda to me. It is much more an entertainment film than a propaganda film though.

No comments: