Friday 5 April 2013

Catching up

Today I was cleaning up my (Windows) Desktop. One of the items I had on there was a text document called 'copy speeds.txt'. I might have posted the contents of it before, but thought I might as well record it here before I delete it.

I did some tests regarding the speed of copying a memory card to a computer compared to an external hard drive. It seems that it is always much slower, similar to copying the memory card first to the host computer, and then copying it from there to the external hard drive. Maybe this is the way the copying works?


Copying from PC to Memory card: 3 mins 6s
Copying from Memory card to HD via USB: 2 mins 40s
Copying from Memory card to (different) HD via USB hub 5 mins 18s
As above but with Nexus, about same speed

Most of the rest of the day I was going through my backlog of emails.

No comments: