Saturday 27 April 2013

Microsoft wasting my time as they often do

This morning I went on a walk. The weather was a mixture of warm sun, cold wind, rain, and hail.

In the afternoon I did some work on my photo website. Getting the online payment thing set up is taking a lot longer than I thought. So I thought I should probably just add a link that says to email me for details. Then I can replace that with the online checkout when it is ready. So I was working on doing this link.

In the evening I watched Diamonds are Forever with Mauser and Bo.

When testing my website amendment I found that a different part of the webpage wasn't showing up properly in IE8. So I spent most of the rest of the evening trying to find out what was causing the problem and how to fix it.

I also spent a long time waiting for the IE9 testing VHD to download. Unfortunately IE9 isn't available for XP, so you have to download a very hefty Win7 VHD.

I received a package yesterday of an ebay item I had bought, and it was sent using myhermes, who I'd never heard of before. Then today I had an email about selling on ebay that mentioned myhermes as a cheap parcel service. However, I looked them up, and it seems their service is pretty abysmal: DO NOT USE INTERPARCEL/MY HERMES.

No comments: