Friday 9 July 2010

Blah blah blah

This morning I got up at 6am and went on a walk down the old railway line. Most of the birdsfoot trefoil, Clover, and buttercups seemed to be dead now, so they didn't flower for long this year. I would guess it's just too dry (it hasn't rained more than a few drops for ages).

There didn't seem to be any insects around (other than moths) either. After a bit I did find some Juncus with a spider eating a fly on it, and loads of common red soldier beetles, lots of whom were mating. I took a few photos of them, then started back to the house as the camera battery was showing low charge.

On the way back (it was now 8am), I saw lots of Ringlet butterflies. I did stop to get out my Canon macro kit (before I had been shooting with my Panasonic FZ5), but there was an annoying mosquito that kept biting me, so I decided to just go home. Hopefully I can get up early enough tomorrow to go out again and get some good ringlet photos with my Canon gear.

When I came home I wrote up yesterday's blog post. I copied across the morning's photos and geo-coded them. After that I looked into the bug with my website in IE7 on Vista.

When doing some testing, I also found some problems with the website in K-Meleon, which doesn't recognise inline-block. One thing I fixed with setting -moz-inline-box. But with some other inline-block elements, when I set their display to -moz-inline-box, the text inside these elements stopped flowing and would just disappear or overflow. So I left them as they are - they don't look as they do in other browsers, but still display well enough to be understood.

Most of the afternoon I was working on an article for my photo website.

In the evening I watched an episode of Life, and a John Wayne film with Mauser and Bo.

No comments: